FocusWriter Video Review
FocusWriter is a word processor with writing-specific features. This video gives an overview of starting a writing project and how to set the preferences to fit your workflow.
- Writing Timer
- Daily Goals (Time/Words)
- Tracks Words, Pages, Paragraphs, and Characters
- Organize projects by project name (folder) and scene (file)
This program is ideal for long-form fiction or non-fiction but is easy enough to adapt to any writing project. As a free download, you can’t beat the price-point and it has enough power to manage most writing projects.
There are a few features FocusWriter could add to help with book-length projects.
- Being able to compile multiple sessions into a single file would make a full project export painless.
- Writers often need access to reference files, such as a character descriptions or plot outlines. Adding the ability to have multiple session windows open would allow visibilty to everything you need on the same project platform.
- Price: Free (Tips accepted)
- Works with: MacOS, Windows, Linux
- Good for: Book-Length Fiction and Non-Fiction, Blogs, Articles
- Download FocusWriter