What would you put in the blank and can you learn it in five steps?
As a reader, don’t mistake tips for actual knowledge. But as a writer, try using list articles as a gateway to draw readers to your cornerstone content.
If you came here to learn how to do something in five steps, here you go.
How to provide value to blog readers in 5 easy steps.
- Write posts about what your readers want to know – not what you feel like writing.
- Grammar, punctuation, and clear writing matters to your readers. Master the skills, hire a copyeditor or invest in grammar checker tools.
- Lay out your post copy and images in a way that makes it easy to read on any device. Go for a “magazine page” feel rather than blocks of text.
- Ask yourself, “Who needs to know this?” That’s your audience. Write to them, not a generic persona.
- Don’t assume your reader has the same experience or skill level as you. Make your ideas stand out, not a misused piece of jargon.